‘Bait Bottles’-NEW TWIST TO CATCH DRUG THIEVES
NYPD USING “BAIT BOTTLES” TO CATCH DRUG THIEVES:
Police in New York City plan to combat the theft of painkillers and other highly addictive prescription medicines by asking pharmacies around the city to hide fake pill bottles fitted with GPS devices amid the legitimate supplies on their shelves.
CBS/AP/ January 15, 2013, 10:44 AM
N.Y. hospital patients potentially exposed to HIV-
reused insulin pens:
MOM TOLD YOU TO EAT SLOW, NOW DIDN’T SHE?
- Multistate outbreak of fungal meningitis and other infections
Archive of Updates @ http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/FungalMeningitis/ucm325037.htm
TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY AS MILLIONS OF AMERICANS WALK AROUND INFECTED NOT KNOWING IT:
FDA NEWS RELEASE
For Immediate Release: Dec. 31, 2012
Media Inquiries: Sandy Walsh, 301-796-4669, firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Inquiries: 888-INFO-FDA
On Dec. 28, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved Sirturo (bedaquiline) as part of combination therapy to treat adults with multi-drug resistant pulmonary tuberculosis (TB) when other alternatives are not available.
TB is an infection caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis and is one of the world’s deadliest diseases. It is spread from person to person through the air and usually affects the lungs, but it can also affect other parts of the body such as the brain and kidneys. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 9 million people around the world and 10,528 people in the United States became sick with TB in 2011.
THIS IS A NOW BRAINER FRIENDS: IF YOU WANT CAFFEINE AND SUGAR-JUST DRINK COFFEE WITH SUGAR!
THESE ENERGY DRINKS AND SHOTS ARE HYPE, WASTE OF MONEY, MORE IMPORTANT RISKING YOUR HEALTH…
November 16, 2012
How FDA investigates adverse event reports allegedly related to energy “drinks” and supplements
FDA is continuing to investigate reports of illness, injury or death of people who took products marketed as “energy drinks” or “energy shots.”
PATHETIC AND SAD……WHAT MORE CAN BE SAID…….
SPERM DONOR GETS SUITED BY LESBIAN COUPLE FOR CHILD SUPPORT:
Impact of Severe Weather Conditions on Biological Products
VET CHECK AND RECALL FOR ALL OUR FURRY, CUDDLY FRIENDS, AND NOT SO FURRY FRIENDS:
Recalls & Withdrawals
Recalls – of which there are three types – are actions taken by a firm to remove a product from the market. Recalls may be conducted on a firm’s own initiative, by FDA request, or by FDA order under statutory authority.
2013 Recalls and Safety Alerts
- January 09, 2013 Milo’s Kitchen® Voluntarily Recalls Chicken Jerky and Chicken Grillers Home-style Dog Treats Unapproved antibiotics found in finished product
SKIN CARE AND COMETICS:
Skin Biology, Inc. 10/11/12 OTHERS:
Recalls & Alerts
- Warning Letter: Skin Biology, Inc.
- Warning Letter: Avon Products, Inc.
- Warning Letter: Bioque Technology
- More Cosmetics Warning Letters
- FDA Recall Policy for Cosmetics
- Improvements in Device Review: Results of CDRH’s Plan of Action for Premarket Review of Devices
- Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff – Assembler’s Guide to Diagnostic X-Ray Equipment
- eSubmitter Radiological Health Report Tutorial (MP4 – 35.9MB)
- Accidental Radiation Occurrence Report (PDF) (PDF – 538KB)
- FDA Tobacco Compliance Webinars
- Cigarette Health Warnings
- Resources for Retailers
- Electronic Cigarettes (e-Cigarettes)
- Veterans’ hospital exposes hundreds to HIV and hepatitis (rt.com)
- NYPD Planning To Bait Prescription Pill Thieves With Bottles Containing GPS Trackers (consumerist.com)
- NYPD Looks To Use GPS-Equipped ‘Bait Bottles’ To Combat Pill Bandits (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- NYPD Looks to GPS Bottles to Combat Pill Bandits (abcnews.go.com)