Our First Deity President
It is rather spooky to see how the liberal media has applied labels to Obama that offend the core biblical values of most Christians.
Newsweek’s May 21, 2012, issue caused a stir when it declared Obama the country’s “first gay president.” The president lived up to this title when, while speaking about civil liberty accomplishments, he gave the first ever shout-out to a gay bar in an inaugural address.
The far worse classification being used by people are ones that directly compare Obama to God. They are becoming so numerous, he could just as well be called our first deity president. Here are some examples:
* A Florida A&M professor named Barbara Thompson published a book titled, The Gospel According to Apostle Barack. In this book, Thompson likens Obama to Jesus Christ.
* Street vendors and souvenir stores across Washington D.C. are selling posters depicting President Obama as Jesus Christ.
* Oscar-winning actor Jamie Foxx recently called Barack Obama “our lord and savior.”
* “This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light.”–Michelle Obama, at a campaign rally on April 17, 2012.
* In a cover story for the inauguration, Newsweek
had a side image of Obama with the title “The Second Coming.”
* Newsweek had previously depicted President Obama as a Hindu deity Lord Shiva with the caption, “God of all things.”
* Minister Louis Farrakhan, the controversial leader of theNation of Islam, has declared Barack Obama to be the Messiah. Farrakhan said, “You are the instruments that God is gonna use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn’t care anything about. That’s a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking.”
* Then there is the classic quote by MSNBC’s Chris Matthews, “This is bigger than Kennedy. This is the New Testament. I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don’t have that too often. No, seriously. It’s a dramatic event.”
The most troubling thing about all these divine remarks about Obama is that there have been no rejections of these statements by the man himself. I know the president lives in a bubble, but he has to be aware that people are making blasphemous comments about him. Judging by his narcissistic personality, he at least views them as a benign form of flattery. Knowing the corrupting nature of power, I fear he may actually agree with his admirers.
I see this unnatural affection for President Obama as one huge demonic delusion. He is, in fact, one of the worst presidents in our nation’s history. Under his watch, debt and welfare rolls have exploded to unsustainable levels.
Our nation is rapidly headed for disaster, and the blind devotions being paid to Obama are preventing the American people from seeing the source of our problems. Just ask yourself: When is the last time you heard the president being criticized in the media? I remember a time when networks had reporters whose only jobs were to pester the president at every public event. Obama rarely takes questions from reporters, and still they worship him.
I fear that Obama’s god complex is going to be cured the hard way. By the time his second term ends in 2016, our nation’s problems will be so profound and numerous, the folks who deified Obama will greatly regret their remarks.
Parting thought from Jan: My thanks to Todd for great insights. When King Jesus returns, He won’t be riding on a donkey or an elephant. He doesn’t return to a red state or a blue state. He returns to Jerusalem. Regardless of who is in the Oval Office, our King is still sitting on His royal throne. He is returning and will restore righteous government. Until then, government won’t work very well!
NOTE: We surf the Internet and post current headlines each morning. Find them here.
We read all e-mails but due to volume, we cannot reply to all.
UNDERSTANDING THE TIMES RADIO
Find complete syndication for “Understanding the Times” radio on 650 radio outlets here. They include American Family Radio Talk Network, CSN Network, HOPE-FM Network, Bott Radio Network, Sirius Satellite Network, Salem Communications, OnePlace.com, and individual radio stations. We are live Saturdays, 9 a.m. CST out of Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. You can listen live here or here.
Find upcoming guests here.
Find info on listening devices such as iPhone, Android, iPad here.
Awaiting His return,
You may pass on these items or have people sign up on our Web site. You can access our radio programming from the last two years on Historical Archives. Also see the Web site for other options to catch the program, “Understanding the Times.”
Please report e-mail address changes.
Also, we truly appreciate those who remember us prayerfully and financially. Donate on our Web site (gifts are tax-deductible with receipts sent out in January).
Olive Tree Ministries, Inc.
Maple Grove, MN 55311
763-559-4444 or 763-210-8291
Hunt for ex-cop goes on amid Calif. snowstorm
By GREG RISLING and TAMI ABDOLLAH, AP 9 minutes ago
BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. — Authorities hunting for a former Los Angeles police officer suspected of three killings are searching his mother’s home in La Palma, Calif. Read More: http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130207/US.LA.Police.Shootings/
Thousands of Flights Canceled Amid Major Blizzard
Airlines canceled thousands of flights and issued waivers, as travel disruptions from a major Northeast blizzard rippled across the U.S. Friday. Some Amtrak train service was also halted as the storm could leave record amounts of snow, according to forecasters. (Read more: ‘Dangerous’ Snowstorm Nemo Finds the Northeast)
WEATHER VIDEOS: http://www.cnbc.com/id/100446163
JESUS DAILY ON FACE BOOK AND MILLIONS FOLLOW/USING SOCIAL MEDIA TO SPREAD THE GOSPEL: LOOK FOR JESUS DAILY VIDEO AT THIS LINK
LIVE STREAMING WEATHER UPDATE ON BLIZZARD: