Call Congressman TODAY; Urge to Co-sponsor Rep. Graves’ Defund ObamaCare Bill
Contact: Deborah Hamilton, 610-584-1096
TUPELO, Miss., Sept. 16, 2013 /Christian Newswire
/ — The American Family Association is calling on their 2.5 million constituents to call their U.S. representatives to urge them to co-sponsor H.J.RES. 62, an appropriations bill that doesn’t contain any discretionary or mandatory funding for ObamaCare, also known as the “Affordable Care Act.”
They can also call the Capitol Hill switchboard at 202-224-3121 and ask for their congressman by name, urging him to co-sponsor H.J.RES. 62.
Rep. Tom Graves (R-Ga.) has authored a Continuing Resolution, the Security, Stability, and Fairness Resolution (H.J.RES. 62), that will defund ObamaCare in its entirety for the coming fiscal year. This bill will fund the rest of government with the sole exception of ObamaCare.
Congress must pass a Continuing Resolution (CR) by September 30 to avoid a government shutdown. The House may vote as soon as tomorrow on whether to continue funding for ObamaCare or cut it off. This means that if there is a shutdown of government, it will be done by those who want to continue to fund ObamaCare. However, the healthcare law has been deemed so egregious that Congress has already exempted itself from it.
Tim Wildmon, president of AFA says, “This is the best chance we may ever have to defund the hopelessly misguided piece of legislation: ObamaCare. According to the U.S. Constitution, all appropriations bills must start in the House. This means that the House can stop ObamaCare in its tracks this week. But we need the participation of millions of Americans to get the job done.”
American Family Association lists the reasons that ObamaCare is a bad law:
1) Congressional members have exempted themselves from it
2) It violates freedom of religion and conscience by requiring Christian businesses to pay for abortifacients
3) American tax dollars will go to health care providers who perform abortions
4) It is the leading job-killer in America, as companies lay off workers because of its mandates and its costs
5) ObamaCare forces companies to shift workers from fulltime to part-time positions
6) It drives up the cost of health care premiums
7) And…the government-run exchanges reduce access to doctors and hospitals
For more information on American Family Association, visitwww.afa.net